Masters of Business Administration 1996
Major in finance, accounting, and management & strategy, and a member of the Asian Management Association, Finance and Marketing Clubs in J.L Kellogg Graduate School of Management Northwestern University Evanston, IL.
Power / Energy Consultant 2016 to present
- Working on energy-related projects to support and help clients deliver their objectives
- Develop trust and relationships with existing clients, target clients, and internal experts as part of project delivery
- Develop qualified referrals and big sales opportunities
- Assisted in financial analysis of reports used for project financing purposes
- Assisted in identifying, qualifying, and supporting the pursuit of both follow-on work and new business opportunities
- Contributed to technical and cost proposal development
- Assisted in analysis of power supply fundamentals and disruptions; with principal focus on coal and natural gas
Power Sector Assets and Liabilities Management Corporation (PSALM) 2010 to 2015
President and CEO
- Directs and supervises the operation and internal administration of the PSALM Corporation
- Administers the policies and measures approved by the PSALM Board and is responsible for the efficient discharge of management functions
- Represents the PSALM Corporation in all dealings and transactions with offices, agencies and instrumentalities of the government and with all other persons and entities, private or public, domestic or foreign
- Sits as a member of the Board of Directors of the PSALM Corporation, Philippine Electricity Market Corporation (PEMC) and National Transmission Corporation (TRANSCO)
Bankers Trust Company 1995 Summer
Summer Associate – Corporate Finance Group
- Performed capital structure analysis and prepared financing alternatives for prospective clients.
- Performed analyses of market conditions, demographic and socioeconomic trends relative to the strategic and financial goals of prospective and existing clients.
- Prepared financial analyses and presentations for specialized structured transactions.
PCI Capital Corporation 1991 to 1994
Associate – Investment Banking Group
- Performed merchant banking and corporate finance activities that included term loan syndications, management and financial consultancy services to reputable firms, selling agent of commercial paper issues, equity underwriting, initial public offerings and loan packaging.
- Analyzed corporate clients for credit risk using corporate finance skills.
- Presented transaction proposals for credit committee presentations.
Have completed Series 3, 7, and 63 certification exams. Traveled extensively throughout Asia, Europe, Australia and the Americas. Interests include tennis, badminton, basketball, weight training, golf, hiking, running, reading and photography.
BS in Economics, Major in Management 1987
Bachelor of Science in Economincs with Concentration in Management, a deanslist for 5 semesters and an active member of the Inter-School Business Association, Alliance of Concerned Economist, UP Economics Society.
National Transmission Corporation 2011 to 2018
Member – Board of Directors
- Continued as Transco Board Member, Transco is a Philippine GOCC created in 2001 by the Electric Power Industry Reform Act (EPIRA); (Republic Act 9136) and a corporate entity wholly owned by PSALM
- TRANSCO conducts regular inspections and monitoring of transmission assets operated and maintained by the Private Concessionaire (NGCP) to ensure compliance with applicable laws and standards
Royal Bank of Canada 2008 – 2010
Managing Director, Country Head – Philippines
RBC Wealth Management Group
- RBC is the largest bank in Canada and the 5th largest in North America. RBC Senior Debt Ratings are among the highest of financial institutions globally – Moody’s Aaa and Standard & Poor’s AA- (positive).
- RBC Wealth Management is included in the top 15 global private banks by client assets. It acquires clients through its core strength in trust services.
- RBC Wealth Management comprises businesses that directly serve the growing wealth management needs of affluent and high net-worth clients. Its network includes 300 offices in 20 countries around the world.
Morgan Stanley & Co Inc 1996 to 2008
Director/VP – Private Wealth Management Group
- 10 years of experience in Private Wealth Management. Extremely knowledgeable in establishing and creating business in major areas of private banking. Has wide client base (around 55 clients) and assets under management (USD 560.0MM). Have established strong network and relationships in the Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai.
- Have recommended structured products to clients to facilitate risk management. Offered global equities, fixed income securities, hedge funds, private equity funds and other asset management products. Have dealt extensively with both institutional and high net-worth individual clients.
- Developed and put together an extensive 250-page Philippine Regional Business Plan which encompassed Regional Market Details, Current Status, Formal Business Plan, Goals and Execution Strategy.
- Attended firm-wide training in New York followed by preparation for certification exams required by local authorities. Rigorous, specific training program focused on fundamentals of brokerage and asset management business.
Philippine Commercial Int’l Bank 1988 to 1991
Corporate Banking Group, 1989-1991
- Performed client-servicing operations of PCIBank’s Account Management Division.
- Monitored 20 accounts which included reviewing legal and documentation files, preparing internal credit applications and general loan servicing.
- Attended bank sponsored seminars to develop credit analysis and marketing skills.
Management Training Program, 1988-1989
- Performed on-the-job rotational training with various departments in PCIBank’s Consumer Banking Sector. Trained with various departments including Financial Analysis department, Documentary Credit Operations, Credit administration Training and Bank Academy’s Core-Credit Program.